Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sewing on your layouts


Attention--- I have tried a new technique that I once thought was only supposed to be done on cloth! I have actually stitched on some pages to go in a junk binder. It really wasn't that hard once I got to learn how to control the sewing machine! In the latest issue of "Scrapbooking Tips and Tricks" by Creating   Keepsakes, there is an easy to understand (with pictures) explanation of how to use machine stitching on layouts, cards, page accents, etc. My photographer (Fonda Darter) has snapped some photos of my first attempts and you can see it is far from perfect but alot of fun! try it out you may like it too. Janis Timmons.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool, ladies! Great idea with the blog. Maybe our far flung friends, Sharon and Connie Lamb, can join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janet, I sent the site to sharon but no response yet. thank you for your words of encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea, Janis. Thanks for including me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had a hard time posting a comment. Now, are you using your regular sewing machine or did you purchase a small one? You have stepped "out of the box".

    ReplyDelete